Most girls have this ideal picture of what their wedding is going to be like. As children, these ideas come from play and imagination. As teenagers, the ideas come from magazines, friends, internet and perhaps going to a wedding themselves. She sees flowers, a white dress, lace and a happily ever after.
The reality of the approaching day rarely resembles that fantasy as a child. A wedding is a lot of work. By the time the wedding day gets here, all of the work and planning and details come to fruition. The bride has been distracted and tense at making sure everything will be perfect.
The cost of the wedding is of utmost importance. There are not many people who have money to burn on a wedding. There are also no couples who want to start off their married life deep in debt just tying the knot. A good plan is what is needed to avoid large costs. Being choosy will help the bride and groom pull off a beautiful wedding without the stress of worrying about cost.
– Personalizing decorations add a personal touch to the wedding and reception. Childhood photos of the bride and groom and their families can fill a reception table nicely next to the guest book. The photos can also be used on the tables incorporated into the centerpieces. Also, consider using photos of the invitations and other keepsakes. Creating a design centered around photos can certainly let other creative juices flow to add to those photographs. Imagine having an entire theme based on just a couple hundred photos! Simple, beautiful and absolutely memorable.
– Renting decorations instead of buying them is something that can be considered. Many decorations will not be used again, why spend that kind of money? From something as big as an arc walkway to something as small as vases and flower arrangements, everything can be rented. Compare the cost of renting versus buying to see which is more cost-effective.
– If children are invited to your wedding and reception, consider creating a kids area where they have their own table and their own favors. How does this save money? The answer is simple. If kids are occupied with their own setup, they will not accidentally break anything that cannot be replaced. Plus it gives them their own purpose and their own party.
– Marriage is not only the union of two people but two entire families. Including them in the ceremony itself can save money if they can offer a talent such as playing an instrument as the other guests arrive. If anybody can sing, that would be a nice addition. It shows support if the family can help with these activities.
– For the food, you can ask your church ladies to help. Friends are another go-to group. If you can enlist the help of those kinds of people, the cost of the food itself will be all that is needed. Other options that can be cost-effective are catering companies just starting out with a discount or students from culinary schools. Another option is potluck. These are often successful because everybody will want to bring their very best dishes. If the expense is still too great, consider inviting fewer people to the wedding or having a very simple cocktail and hors-d’oeuvres reception instead.
– There are a lot of kids starting out who would love to doing a wedding for your music if you want a band or DJ. Live music via band or DJ has been the tradition for generations. However, downloaded music played over the speakers is also great. That way, the bride, and groom can tailor their tastes as well as incorporate it into the overall theme.
Having a nice wedding doesn’t have to be expensive with a good plan. It’s your wedding, being able to remember that it’s a union of two people, two families is what the celebration should be about, not about the decorations.